Published April 30, 2019
WASHINGTON – On Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 2:30 PM EDT, the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs will hold a legislative hearing to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 279, the Tribal School Federal Insurance Parity Act.
- S. 790, A bill to clarify certain provisions of Public Law 103-116, the Catawba Indian Tribe of South Carolina Land Claims Settlement Act of 1993, and for other purposes.
- S. 832, A bill to nullify the Supplemental Treaty Between the United States of America and the Confederated Tribes and Bands of Indians of Middle Oregon, concluded on November 15, 1865.
WHAT: A committee legislative hearing
WHEN: 2:30 PM EDT, Wednesday, May 1, 2019
WHERE: 628 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Live video and written testimony for the legislative hearing will be provided here.
· MR. JOHN TAHSUDA, III, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary – Indian Affairs, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, DC
· THE HONORABLE WILLIAM HARRIS, Chief, Catawba Indian Nation, Rock Hill, SC
· THE HONORABLE RON SUPPAH, Council Member, Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, Warm Springs, OR
· MS. CECELIA FIRE THUNDER, President, Oglala Lakota Nation Education Coalition, Martin,
The post Senate Committee on Indian Affairs to Hold Legislative Hearing on Three Bills appeared first on Native News Online.