|Are you in compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) standards? Or are you looking to enhance produce safety practices? Join us on Thursday, January 23 at 2:00 p.m. CST for the first of two introductory webinars on general food safety principles for a fruit and vegetable farm.|
Learn more about:
- Microorganisms (bacteria, viruses and parasites) that are of concern in fresh produce;
- Common ways produce is contaminated and how contamination is spread;
- Basic strategies to prevent and reduce exposure of produce to microorganisms/human pathogens.
- Food Safety Modernization Act;
- How to conduct basic risk assessments;
- Good Agricultural Practices and Standard Operating Procedures;
- The value of a food safety plan and basic steps in monitoring, recordkeeping and taking corrective action.